Monday, May 13, 2013

Sat 5/11 - GBR Lower

Workout: (Fitness First)
(HackSquat)6platesx6,8platesx6,6,6,6,6 (6) V. Good
(LegPress)6plates 4x12
(SLDL)205x10,255x6,275x6,6,6,6 (6) Great!
(75#LegCurl)3x12
(30#DBRearDelt)3x8
(180#CableCrunch)8,7,6,150x8
(LyingKneeCrunch)3x10
49mins +15 w/u + 0 c/d = 64 mins total

Great lower WO today. Knees have been wonky last couple of days, but they felt good during warmup and stretching.  Hack squat was good and after a couple sets of 8 plates I considered (again) bumping up to 10 plates. 8 was enough by the last set (again).(11mins)

I did SLDL first in this combination today.  SLDL was great and I got 4 good sets at 275. I was going to bump up here on the final set to 295 or 300+but decided not to let my ego get the better of me. Leg press was good and I may need to bump the weight up here, but still want to keep these at higher reps since hack squats are “low” reps.   Really good, and really tough combo (leg press + SLDL).(22/33mins)

Leg curl and rear delts were OK. Someone was on the delt/fly machine, so I used DB’s today and did them standing & bent at waist.  Machine is better.(8/41mins)

Took an unplanned extended break and talked to David Michael for a while, then finished up with heavy cable crunches and what I’ll call lying knee crunches.  You lay on your back, tuck your heels in toward your but and do “crunches” by tapping toes on the ground and then bringing your knees up toward your chest.  These were surprisingly difficult, but abs already worked hard from heavy crunches.

Really pleased with first 3 main movements.  I still dread leg day a little bit each time because it’s a ton of effort, but am really enjoying the hard work. I didn’t do a c/d today because I really started to cool down while talking to David. I almost ended the WO after that and skipped abs, but glad I did them.

Nutrition:
I weighed 178.4 this morning after starting re-feed last night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment