Monday, May 6, 2013

Mon 5/6 - GBR upper

Sun 5/5:
-  Hiked the River Trail at Great Falls park with Gregg and Hayden. Yesterday we went to the Apple Blossom Festival. I ate a lot yesterday.
I weighed 182.8 this morning.

Mon 5/6:
Workout: (Fitness First)
(85#DBBench)5,5,5,5,7 Weight bump - Great
(Pullups)5x7
(OHP)105X5,115x5,5,5,5 Awesome
(80#SeatedRow)5x8
(65#DBIncline)10,10,8 V. Good
(75#DBRow)3x8
(60#SkullCrusher)10,10,8
(LyingLegRaise)25/+8,8,8,8
(45#Curl)2x8
(25#HammerCurl)2x13
57mins +16 w/u + 10 c/d = 83mins total

I bumped up the weight on bench today and was very happy with the effort and being able to push and get 7 reps on last set. Pullups were good, but elbows are still an issue so didn't push too hard.(15mins)

I did overhead press next instead of incline so my tri's wouldn't be dead. It made a difference and after the first set I bumped the weight to 115. Felt good to have 35# plates on the bar. Very pleased with these. Goal here is to get 45# plates on. Seated row was really good today and I could really feel it in my back.(15/30mins)

Incline and one-arm DB rows were both good today. I really like putting DB rows in now and then.(11/41mins)

Finished the workout with some bi/tri/ab work. Skull cruhsers were hard on the elbows and I probably should have done CGBP. Curls were really good today. Lying leg raises were good, but reps are too high here and they take too long. I didn't do hanging leg raises because hanging really bothers my shoulder (left especially) and they've been bothering me quite a bit lately.

Great WO today. It's amazing how much better I felt after re-feeding over the weekend after cutting pretty hard for a while. Now it's decision time. Do I continue to cut, or take advantage and eat slightly above maintenance and try to make some gains for a few weeks before cutting again?

Nutrition:
I weighed 181.2 this morning. Pretty dirty re-feed this weekend so I'm not surprised to be well over the 175 I was at on Friday.  Decent nutrition day. I decided not to go back into immediate cut mode. I'll probably eat around maintenance this week, then cut again (today was still below maintenance req's).



Prot Carb Fat Cal
TOTALS: Grams 228 233 36   2,153
  Calories 914 932 323   2,169
  Percent 42% 43% 15% `

No comments:

Post a Comment