Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tue 3/5 - GBR Lower (DL PR!)

Workout: (Fitness First - Reston)
(DeadLift)225x8, 275x7, 295x6, 305x6, 315x5,5 (6) Awesome - Rep PR!
(LegPress)8plates 4x12 Very good
(70#RollingShrugs)3x10
(40#HCurl)2x11
(100#LegExt)3x15
(80#LegCurl)3x12 Good
(90#Crunch)25/+6,6,6,6
(BallPike)15/+5,5,5
54mins
+12 w/u + 10 c/d = 76mins total

This weekend the boys and I went to lunch at Chammps in Reston and I noticed there was a Fitness First in the shopping center.  This is less than 1 mile from where I work. We went in to check it out and my membership works there as well.  So, I decided to work out there this morning and will start going there from time to time.

I set a dead lift rep PR today getting 2 sets of reps with 315#'s.  They felt great and not really that heavy. I wanted to keep ramping the weight up, but figured 5-6 working sets was more than enough.  Really pleased with these!  They have a good setup here with bumper plates and an Oly lifting station with a wood platform that has rubber padding on the sides so you can drop the weight.

I didn't like the leg press machine setup quite as much as the other FF gym, but it was good and did sets of 12 with 8-45# plates. Supersetted these with rolling shrugs and then 2 sets of hammer curls.  I didn't get to do curls last upper WO, so threw some in here. 36 mins into the workout already at this point.

Leg extension/curl combo was good and abs were good.  I'll keep doing the ext/curl for now, but think there might be other ways to spend time better/more effectively. And, if I'm ever running short on time, heavy DL/leg press or squat/leg press combo is really a WO in and of itself.

NOTE: One thing I've noticed is that my WO's are getting longer as I gain strength and move more weight. It's not a lot of time, but it definitely takes longer to load/un-load the bar with more plates, moving around heavier DB's, etc.

Nutrition:
I weighed 181.0 this morning. Upped the calories/carbs today after heavy lower WO. Good and clean though. Could have actually used a little more fat.



Prot Carb Fat Cal
TOTALS: Grams 252 241 46   2,372
  Calories 1009 965 414   2,389
  Percent 42% 40% 17% `

No comments:

Post a Comment