Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thu 3/28 - Messin' around w/ abs

The last two workouts were really heavy and hard, and I'm still feeling both of them, but I figured a day off would be enough and I'd be good to go.  I did run yesterday, but wasn't planning on doing lower today anyway.  Looking at my hellish meeting schedule today, I decided it wasn't going to be a good day for a full upper WO, and Friday/Sat Upper/Lower with more time and some more rest was a better option.  So, I went down to the small Sprint gym for a quick full body circuit WO.  I started the circuit and no freaking way was it happening.  I started with Squat Press with 25# DB's, which should be a piece of cake.  Nope.  Legs are still trashed, 25#'s felt heavy, left lat painful. I stopped after 2 reps.

One of few good decisions I've made like this in the gym.  It didn't help that I was pressed for time and didn't warm up, but better I save it for another day when I'm ready.  I walked on the treadmill at a 9% incline for 32 mins and then did 6 sets of cable crunches (75#'sx12,12,10,10,10,10).  Today, instead of doing cable crunches on my knees, I stood at the lat pulldown station and squeezed the seat between my legs to hold me down.  This worked REALLY well and I liked them, and felt them working, better than on my knees.  A silver lining in today's "WO".

Nutrition:
I weighed 180.4 this morning. Another good nutrition day. Not eating out now and then actually helps. Go figure...



Prot Carb Fat Cal
TOTALS: Grams 235 143 41   1,870
  Calories 940 571 373   1,884
  Percent 50% 30% 20% `

No comments:

Post a Comment