Sunday, March 31, 2013

Sun 3/31 - Shoulders & Arms

Workout: (Fitness First)
(OHP)95x10,105x8,7,7,6,6 (6) Great!
(40#DBCurl)3x10
(40#HammerCurl)3x10
(20#Lat/90#Rear/35#FrontDelts)4x10/10/10
(Dips)15/+5,5,5,5,4 Great
(50#IsoIncline)5x10 V. Good
(50#SkullCrushers)3x10 V. Good
55mins + 16w/u + 13c/d = 84mins total

Since my upper days have been pretty long I decided to do shoulders separately again (and add some arm and chest work).  OHP was really good. I haven't done this in a while and I'll have to start doing them again. Really good work here. I supersetted with curls and switched to hammer curls after 3 sets and they were good. This is much more curl volume than I've ever really done (hint, I don't do much).(19mins)

I did 4 sets of the lateral/rear/front delt work. Really good, and hard.(15/34mins)

Dips were next and my right shoulder was a little tender so instead of straight sets, I did them myo-rep style to reduce volume a little. They were really good. Great work in a short amount of time.(5/39mins)

I wanted to do some more chest and was going to do DB incline, but decided to do the iso lateral incline press instead (5 sets). Really liked these and they really worked the upper chest well.(9/48mins)

I did skull crushers, making sure to get good extension behind my head (not to forehead). They bothered my elbows a little bit, but really worked the triceps well. Will do these again.(7/55mins).

What I thought was going to be a quick shoulder WO turned into quite a good shoulder and arm, plus some decent chest work. Very happy with this. Now, time for a day off!

Nutrition:
I weighed 185.4 this morning. Ouch, yet again over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment