Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sun 3/17 - Light Upper w/ Gregg

Workout: (Fitness First - with Gregg!)
(155#Bench)4x8
(CGChinups)4x5 Above the bar
(65IsoIncline)3x12-15
(70#T-Bar)3x12
(150#TriPushDn)16,14,12
(40#Curl)2x8

Gregg and I went to the gym together this morning. Really enjoyed the WO w/ him and he did a very good job. He said he enjoyed it too. So happy we did this together. I hope we can do it again some time soon.

This is the first time I've done barbell bench in at least 2 months. I'm sure it was a combination of just doing a heavy upper WO yesterday and not doing BB bench in a while, but 4x8 was actually some work by the 4th set. I thought it should have felt pretty light. Close grip chins were good and I easily got my chest high up on the bar. Back is getting a lot stronger with lots of rowing.

We were going to do the iso incline machine, but someone was on it, so we did iso shoulder press. I still felt this in my left lat. I must have a little pull there or something, but I don't feel it on rows or pullups. Weird. T-bar with higher reps was pretty good. Did them underhand.

Finished up with some sets of tri pushdowns and curls (regular, not hammer).  We left the gym for Elena's gymnastics meet and stopped for subway on the way. Foot long grilled chicken, double meat :)

Nutrition:
I weighed 187.4 this morning. Whao! I was right about what yesterday's binge was going to do. I wanted to bulk up toward 190 before cutting down for the warm weather. I wasn't planning on doing it in one weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment