Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Tue 12/4 - Upper

Workout:
(50#DBIncline)4x12 Very good
(180#PullDown)4x5
(50#DBBench)3x10 good
(25#GHR)3x12
(DBMil)35#x12,40#x10,10 very good
(120#PeckDeckc)3x10
(50#OHTriExt)3x15
(20#Rear/LatDelts)3x10/8
(TriPushDown)2x15

I didn't have time to drive over to the large sprint gym today, which might be a good thing because it made me go "light" today with 50# dumbbells being the max weight at the small gym.  Sometimes I think the higher rep workouts are actually harder!  Incline and bench were both really good with 50's.  Really controlled the weight and got good work w/o really grinidng out any reps.  Elbows were sore, so I had to mix a few things up and leave out some back work (seated rows).  I did pulldowns, but kept weight relatively high, reps low.  I wasn't sure what to superset with flat bench, so I did GHR.

DB military press was really good and supersetted it with peck deck.  I did peck deck today instead of incline fly's for a change.  These felt great.  I did them with a neutral grip instead of palms facing each other because it's easier on my elbows.  High rep overhead tri extensions were really good and I supersetted them with a lateral/rear delt combo. 

Workout complete, but I wanted to try an exercise I saw from a Westside Barbell video.  You place a medicine ball on top of the dip assist machine and do triceps pushdowns by pushing the ball/assist platform down.  Kind of like a standing close grip bench press.  Pretty good, and I'll do these again.

Overall a really good higher rep workout after two good lower rep chest WO's.

Nutrition:
I weighed 183.2 again this morning.  A little surprised I wasn't lower.  Cals ended up being lower than maintenance/planned today.  Mainly because protein wasn't as high as planned.  Pretty good day though.  Got most of my carbs around WO.



Prot Carb Fat Cal
TOTALS: Grams 212 133 35   1,680
Calories 846 533 319   1,698
Percent 50% 31% 19% `

No comments:

Post a Comment