Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sun 12/2 - Upper

Saturday was a day off - I still can't do legs due to my knees and it looks like it's going to be a while before I can do them again.

Workout:
(75#DBIncline)8,7,6,6 Great. PR!
(90#T-Bar)4x8
(135#Bench)13,10,10 Good
(150#Pulldown)3x7
(95#OHP)3x6 Good
(30#IncFlys)3x10 Hard!
(OHTriExt)60x10,10,65x10,8 Great
(20#RearDelt)3x12
(65#Shrugs)2x12
55mins

Really good upper WO! Good reps for incline and 75#'s is the heaviest I've ever gone with DB incline!  T-bar rows were pretty good, but felt it in my elbows a little.  I was going to bump up the weight on smith bench today, but decided to do 135#s regular instead. Obviously, this is harder than on smith machine, so lower reps, but these felt really good after heavy incline.  Pulldowns were a bit of a disappointment.  My elbows were hurting, so I stuck with 7 reps and just tried to make the best of it.

OHP was good and I did these in the squat rack instead of the smith.  I had to work pretty hard for 6 reps on last 2 sets.  Incline flys were harder today than last WO.  I think because chest work was harder/heavier today.  Overhead tri extension was heavier than I've gone before and they were feeling good so I added a 4th set.  Still love this movement.  Rear delts were OK and I decided to hit 2 quick sets of shrugs since I'm not really getting much work on upper traps w/o deadlifts.

Very pleased with this WO.  Still bummed about the knees, but happy that I've had 2 really good upper WO's going heavier than before after the week layoff.

Nutrition:
I weighed 183.4 this morning.Still not tracking macro's, rather just trying to make sure I'm getting adequate protein and not worrying about much else.  Back to a cleaner diet tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment