Monday, December 17, 2012

Mon 12/17 - Lower (Pop goes the knee)

Workout:
(RDL)135w/u,225x8,245x6,6,265x6,6 (5) great! Rep PR @ 265lbs.
(LegPress)2platesx25,4platesx15,15,15 (4)
(135#SLDL)3x15
(LegExtension)Pop goes the knee!
(65#Shrugs)3x10
(70#Crunch)20/+9,8,8
47mins

I decided to work out in Leesburg before work this morning so I could do deadlifts w/o the smith machine.  Deadlifts were great and 265 lbs didn't feel all that heavy.  I did the last 3 sets mixed grip which makes a big difference for me.  Leg press felt pretty good, but did feel it in my knees.  SLDL were good, but too light, but just stuck with it instead of adding weight and kept reps high.  Definitely need to start doing cardio, because I was winded after these sets.  Need to go heavier on these and keep reps 10-12.

I decided I'd better start trying to do leg extensions because I can't squat right now because of my knees.  This turned out to be a huge mistake.  I could hear a "grinding" type sound on the first couple of reps and then felt something kind of "pop" in the inner side of my right knee.  I stopped immediately and am hoping I didn't do any real damage.  Moved on to shrugs which should have been heavier and bumped up weight on crunches to 70 lbs.  These were good and went to near failure on the Myo Rep mini sets.

Workout was going great until leg extensions.  Still a good workout and I was really pleased with deadlifts today. I think these were a Rep PR w/o smith.

Elevated and iced my knee tonight.  It's not too painful, but feels like it's locking up now and then and just feels "unstable".

Nutrition:
Weighed 179.2 this morning.  I ate the rest of the king crab legs left over from my b'day tonight, so I won't be surprised if my weight bumps up tomorrow morning.  They are healthy (high protein, low fat), but have a ton of sodium, so some extra water might be held.  Good nutrition day.



Prot Carb Fat Cal
TOTALS: Grams 229 119 37   1,730
  Calories 916 477 331   1,724
  Percent 53% 28% 19% `

No comments:

Post a Comment