Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Wed 10/3 - Fully Body - SD Hypertrophy

Cardio:
  • 42 min evening walk after work.  Not as much because I felt I needed to do cardio today, but to stretch the legs and get some blood flowing after doing legs 3 days in a row.
Workout:
 Third full body stripped down hypertrophy WO in as many days.  My right shoulder, which wasn't the problem one, is sore today.  Made sure I did a good warmup and took it slow with more rest in group 1 today.
Group1
A1(50#DBBench)12,12,11,10
A2(120#SeatRow)4X10
B(LegPress)240X12, 255X10X3
23mins

Group2
A1(180#RevGripPull)8,6,6,5
A2(Dips)10,10,10,8
B(50#DBDeadLift)4X12
16mins

Ad-on
(70#RearDelt)13/+4,4,4,4 +(40#X11)
(LyingLegRaise)25/+6,6,6,6
9mins

48mins total
Chest: 8 (83)
Back: 8 (65)
Shoulders: 6 (29)
Legs: 8 (90)
Abs: 5
Total: 30 sets, 267 reps

I was planning on taking it easy today because of my left elbow and right shoulder, but warmed up well and felt pretty good.  Since this was my 3rd day in a row of this WO, I did take it a little easier by not going heavy, so I didn't do any 5X5.  The closest thing to that was pulldowns.  Everything else was pretty much 4X10.

Bench was really good.  Nice and controlled.  I did seated rows today, but used an underhand grip pulling to belly button.  This didn't hurt my elbow like the v-bar close grip does.

Legs felt heavy today and 255#'s was enough to make me work a bit for 10 reps.  Still not going heavy, but I could tell legs will welcome a day off tomorrow.

Pulldowns felt real heavy for 180#'s.  My back wants a day off too I think :).  Dips were good.

Deadlifts felt really good.  I did these instead of DB Swings because I think that might have been hard on my right shoulder.  Really like both these exercises (deads & swings), but swings are definitely more exhausting with same weight.

Workout done as written, and I wasn't about to do military again with shoulder, but did want to do rear delts to keep impingement at bay.  Did leg raises and called it a day.

Really good WO again.  I thought I'd be feeling the effects of the prior 2 days, but other than my shoulder, I'm feeling great. Energy level was good.  As noted above, I didn't do any real heavy sets because I don't want to go overboard as I "ease" into this routine.  Very happy to get 3 days in a row in, now a day off and then plan is to do the routine as written (with heavy reps) on Friday and Saturday.  So much for easing into this protocol with only 3-4 days this week (assuming things go as planned).  Going to up the calories again today.

Nutrition:
I weighed 172.0 this morning.  I upped calories again today slightly, but added in the walk so probably cancelled that and was still under maintenance.  Plan was to cut, but do I keep upping calories slightly and try to grow?  Dammit! I've got to quit waffling on this.  Regardless, I can't cut too hard and do these WO's.  Even with increased calories, the extra WO's and intensity will cover that increase.  I'll be interested to see what the scale says tomorrow morning.



Prot Carb Fat Cal
TOTALS: Grams 220 206 36       1,992
  Calories 880 824 321       2,025
  Percent 43% 41% 16% 100%
 

No comments:

Post a Comment