Thursday, October 11, 2012

Thu 10/11 - Cardio

Cardio:
  • 48 min walk at work during lunch.  Beautiful Fall day.
 After my walk I did:
  • (15#LateralDelt)20/+5,5,5,5,5
  • (80#RearDelt)12/+3,3,3,3,3
  • 7mins of shoulder work.
Total 55 mins.  Gotta love how quickly I can get some work in with Myo-Reps (~12 sets).

Until I switch up my exercises on the current routine, there's not really any direct shoulder work, so I did a Myo-Rep set(s) of Lateral Delt raises and then Rear Delts to keep the shoulder impingement at bay.

My traps were really sore today.  I think from doing squats.  I'm going to stick with leg presses for now.
Reason #1: Back squats + bent over rows + dead lifts + pullups is just too much back work in one workout, especially when doing it 5 times a week.
Reason #2: My squat form probably isn't great and yesterday I felt it as much in my upper body and back as I did in my legs.  Leg press targets just the legs, I can more effectively load weight progressively, and I have less chance of injuring myself with presses. :)

Nutrition:
I weighed 175.6 again this morning.  I'm hoping I didn't hit maintenance calories at ~2,000.  I was hoping it would be closer to 2,200-2,400.  I'll monitor calories and weight the next couple days and find out for sure.  Good nutrition day.  Diet's been really clean all week with lots of protein and fairly high carbs (at least compared to what I was eating).  Slightly less calories today because no WO.



Prot Carb Fat Cal
TOTALS: Grams 191 174 38       1,775
Calories 766 696 346       1,807
Percent 42% 38% 19% 100%

No comments:

Post a Comment