Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sat 10/6 - Full Body - SD Hypertrophy

Cardio:
  • 50 min walk after dinner and Mom's b'day cake.  Only planned to get out for ~15 mins to stretch my legs and move around a little bit, but ended up walking over to Tara's and back.

Workout:
Worked out at Ironbound Gym in Williamsburg this morning.  This is my favorite gym.  Good equipment, well laid out, plenty of room, a couple of squat racks that can also be used for pullups, etc.  This capped off my 5th (and final) full body SD Hypertrophy WO of the week.  They've been tough, but feeling great.  Legs feel good, and I can tell that's making a difference overall.
Group1
A1(65#DBBench)6X6 (6)
A2(T-BarRow)70#X5,80#X5,90#X5X3 (5)
B(LegPress)4platesX4 (4)
23mins

Group2
A1(Pullups)5X5 (5)
A2(Dips)10,10,10,8,8 (5)
B(RDL)90#X10, 135#X12, 185#X6X3 (4)
21mins

Add-ons
(15#DBRearDelt)15/+5,5,5,5,5 (6)
(35#Crunch)17/+7,5,5,5,5 (6)
(55#DBSwing)10,10 (2)
(LyingLegRaise)13/+5,5,5,5 (5)
16mins

60mins
Chest: 11
Back: 10
Legs:10
Shoulders: 6
Abs: 11
Total: 48 sets

Great WO!  A little long, but mainly due to the add-ons.

Bench was really good with 65# DB's.  Maybe I should have done 70#'s and done less reps (5X5)?  T-Bar row was good, but this was heavy for me.  Love the T-Bar.  For leg press I warmed up with 1 plate on each side, then did 45# plates on each side of the sled.  This was a pretty good weight for sets of 10.  I don't think my legs are quite ready to go "heavy" yet.  Need some more break-in time.

Pullups were good.  I could tell back was a bit worked from T-Bar rows, but got 5X5 and did them all nice and controlled, slow on the negatives on the last hard reps.  Dips were good.  Had to really work for the 8's on the last 2 sets.  Dead lifts were good.  I don't have barbells at the Sprint gym, so this was my first real try at heavier Romanian Dead Lifts (RDL). 185#'s was a good "heavy" weight for me at this point for 6 reps a set.  They were "hard", but not killer.  On the last set, my grip was giving out before my body.  If I plan to go heavier, it's going to take time to work into and grip strength will have to improve markedly. 

I added on rear delts for should health and then did some abs.  Not sure why I did the DB swings other than I like them and they are exhausting.  A good cap to a workout.

I'm liking this hypertrophy program.  It'll be interesting to see if I progress on it and how I work in progression with weights given my gym situation.  That makes it difficult.  I may try working the progression thusly: 2 weeks of ~10 reps, then 2 weeks of ~8, 2 of ~6, 1-2 of ~4, then de-load.

Nutrition:
Not sure.  Tried to make sure protein was high.  Ate b'day cake/yogurt, bowls of cereal, etc.  Weight will definitely be up.

I'm going to take Sunday completely off.  I'm sure my body can use a break after this week.  Back at it on Monday for both WO's and nutrition!  Looking forward to the WO's again this week.  That's a good sign after this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment