Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sun 9/23 - Cardio/Refeed/New Gym & Week Recap

Cardio:
  • Walked for 40 mins after the Skins game and lying on the couch after first big meal.  I over-ate and my stomach was aching and almost didn't get out for a walk.  I was glad I got out and moved around for a while.  It wasn't that I ate a TON, I just think my stomach shrunk because I haven't been eating a big meals.

New Gym:
I decided to join another gym - Fitness First here in Leesburg.  I joined another gym because:
  1. I occasionally need a gym when I'm not at work and it's $15/day for a guest pass.  A weekly membership is only $25 and the normal initiation fee of $150 was only $25 this weekend.
  2. I'd like to be able to work from home occasionally when I know most of my team won't be in (i.e. a lot of Friday's) and still be able to work out.  Now I have to drive to work to use the gym.
  3. I'd like to work out on weekends and can't now with the gym being closed at work on weekends.
  4. I'd like access to a trainer.  Not to have personal training sessions, per se.  But to have someone be able to review what I'm doing and my diet and provide input.
  5. With winter coming up, I'm sure there will be times where the weather is bad and it's just easier to do something inside.
  6. Might meet new people.
Nutrition:
I weighed 167.8 this morning.  Refeed day.  I was looking forward to this day all week.  It was quite a disappointment.  I ate a good amount, but nothing really sounded all that appetizing.  No good "cheat meal".  I ate a bunch of cereal, some chili and 2 apples.  I did have lunch out, but just had chicken kabob (grilled chicken, a piece of Naan and some steamed spinach), so not a real "cheat meal".  I think the disappointing part was mostly due to what I wrote above.  My stomach got full so fast I could hardly enjoy eating a bunch.  I could have avoided this by extending my eating window, but I didn't start eating until after 1PM and ended after dinner.  Here's a guess at the macro's.  I'm basically using what last Sunday was because I didn't even bother trying to track today.  I figure around 3,000 calories though probably not that high.  I know my protein wasn't near 200 grams and carbs probably a decent amount lower as well.  Oh, I did eat a bagel for the first time in probably a year. 

TOTALS: Grams 195 498 37  3,010
  Calories 778 1994 333  3,105
  Percent 25% 64% 11% 100%

Weekly ending 9/23 -  3 WO's, 1 run, 1 long walk, 0 doubles.
All three workouts were really good this week.  I hurt my back last Sunday, but didn't seem to hinder my WO's.  My one run was decent, but after the long walk on Saturday my feet were killing me.  Overall a good week with WO's and nutrition.  Just need to get cardio back on track. 

No comments:

Post a Comment