Saturday, June 9, 2012

Saturday 6/9 - Twilight Four Miler Race

Race: Twilight Four Miler
Time: 32:28
Splits: 7:59, 7:56, 7:58, 8:14, :22
My Garmin had it at 4.05 miles.  Garmin details here.  The course was probably accurate and I just didn't run the tangents and/or weaved in and out of folks the first 1.5 miles.  Full results here.

Course:  Fairly flat.  It was basically (though not exactly) a 2 mile loop around the start with a mile out and back for the last 2 miles.  The 3rd mile was mostly downhill which meant the last mile was essentially uphill the whole way back.  The first two miles were right on target.  Couldn't have asked for better really.  I should have pushed harder in the 3rd mile to bank some time, but wimped out knowing I'd be coming right back up the hill to the finish.  Thought I'd have enough motivation left in the last mile to be able to "run to the barn" to get under 32 minutes.  Didn't happen.

This was the first hot day in a while.  It was in the 70's-low 80's all week.  Friday warmed up and today (Saturday) was 90+.  Tough racing conditions, but I was right about where I thought I'd be based on my tempo run earlier this week.  Overall happy with the time and it was GREAT to run a race again.

It was HOT!
My race #

Finish line after the race

I stuck with water and other carbs today


Nutrition:
I started the day tracking it, but went to The Doner Bistro with my Mom today for lunch and had, well, a Doner, of course.  Then I ate like I had just run a marathon after a 4-mile race.  Don't know where to begin putting that crap into the spreadsheet.  Call it a carb and fat loading day.  Going to have a big bowl of frozen yogurt now.  Back to it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment