Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sunday 5/27 - Cardio

  • 57 mins.  Walked 25mins, ran 25mins (~2.5 miles), c/d walk 7mins.  Hot and humid when started workout at 11AM.  Soaked when I got home.  Right hamstring a bit tight from yesterday's 6 miler.  Was only going to walk, but wanted to get another "run" in, so after getting warmed up I ran for a while.
Ate a few more carbs today than yesterday.  I'm off work tomorrow (Memorial Day), so I'm going to go to Fitness First to see if I can work out for one day.  If that doesn't work, I'll do a body weight workout for chest and tri's.  That's a lot easier workout to do w/ body weight than back/shoulders/bi's.

Protein:
7AM Whey75/Casein25 35g
10:15 Jerky 25g
10:30 Cottage Cheese 5g
10:45 run 56 mins
1PM 6 egg white omelet w/onion,mushroom,spinach 25g
5PM Beef patty, carrots, peas, tomatos, low carb chips&salsa 30g
9PM Beef patty, carrots, peas, tomatos 30g
11:15 Casein shake + apple/grapes 30g
11:45 Mini peppermint patty :)  

Total: 180g

I really should start tracking calories for a few weeks to see where I'm landing.  I don't really need to measure/weigh protein any more.  I know fairly well within a couple grams how much I'm getting by looking at portion size because I've been weighing/measuring for a while.  I'm anal though, so I still weigh some things out.  I don't feel the need to track calories per se, but would like to know what my maintenance days look like.  I "know what they are" from what I eat and my weight, but I really have no idea how many calories it actually is.  2,000? 2,500? 3,000?  I'm guessing I've been eating around 1.8k/day on low carb days and more like 2.4-2.6k on workout days.

Here's a list of items I've been eating a lot of lately.  I'll add to this list and keep it handy for a while.

CARBS:
1oz carrot 2.7g carb - 12 cal
1oz snap pea 2.1g carb - 12 cal
1oz broccoli 2g carb - 10 cal
1oz tomato 1.7g carb - 8 cal
1oz caulifloer 1.5g carb - 7 cal
1oz spinach 1.0g carb - 7 cal
1oz mushroom .9g carb - 6 cal
1oz sweet potato 6g carb - 26 cal
1oz brown rice 6.5 carb - 31 cal
1cup brown rice 45 carb - 216 cal

PROTEIN:
1oz chicken 7-8g prot - 50 cal
1oz salmon 6g prot - 60 cal
1egg white 3.6g prot - 17 cal
4oz hamburger patty 30g prot - 180 cal, 7g fat (95% lean ground beef)
(generally, animal protein is 6.5-8g protein/oz)

Week Ending 5/27:
4 runs, 3 WO's, 3 doubles (Wed/Thu/Fri).  Really good week.  2 of the 4 runs were short, but did get the 6 miler in, so I'm pleased with that.  Workouts were really good.  Weight was good.  Maintenance week this week with moderate carbs, then a decision to be made what to do next.

It's really getting to the point that I don't miss carbs other than when I cut out fruit.  I don't miss the starches.  If I go through with UD 2.0, there is a supercompensation carb load where ~1,000 grams of carbs are eaten in a 24-30 hour period after a depletion phase.  That's a shitload of carbs. Add in protein and fat and that's a 5,000 calorie day.  After being low/moderate carb for so long, I don't know if I could handle that carb load.  Lyle states that during his supercompensation, when he gets up to pee in the middle of the night, he eats a meal...and does this twice a night that one day.  I just can't imagine it.  That's 10 meals in 24 hours of 100+ grams of carbs.  That's 2 bagels/meal, for example.  I haven't eaten a bagel in 10 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment