Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sunday 5/20 - Cardio

  • 53 min walk. Another beautiful morning.  Walked before the boys woke up.  Was going to run, but decided on a walk instead.
Protein:
6::45AM Whey shake & creatine 30g
10AM Chicken/salad/cottage cheese 35g
3:15PM Tuna/salad/cottage cheese 40g
8:30 Chicken/salad 35g
11:30 Casein shake 25g
Total: 165g

Week Ending 5/13/12:
Good solid week. 2 runs, 3 WO's, 3 doubles (with walks). Workouts were really good, but didn't get in enough runs.  Weight stayed in the 171-173 range. Started restricting carbs significantly on Thursday and noticed a bit of a difference.  Since Thursday I haven't had any carbs outside of mostly leafy vegetables and some dairy (spinach/broccoli/cauliflower/tomatoes/cottage cheese/skim milk). The only real craving I've had is for an apple and some grapes.  I think I went a bit overboard on amount of salad/veggies/fiber didn't have the effect on digestion I anticipated.  I've actually felt a little bloated (full?) and bowel movement frequency has changed, again not in the direction I anticipated.  I think I just flat out over-ate.  Anxious to get UD 2.0 and start following that.  Feel like I keep waffling back and forth on how and when to add carbs, so decided to cut them prior to UD 2.0.  We'll see how this "plan" shakes out.  I do know one thing, I need to pick one and stick to it for a while.  Got to where I am on  a fairly clean diet, but now need to take it to the next level, but have to remember this is a marathon, not a sprint.  I emailed the Sprint fitness center about getting body fat checked and haven't heard back.  Need to follow up on that, then plug in the numbers and lay out plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment